Highlights of this itinerary
Day 1: Istanbul – Gallipoli Battlefields Tour
Day 2: Troy – Istanbul
Includes• Hotel pickup and drop off (on European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port.
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• 1 night in Canakkale or Eceabat at a 3 star hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
• Services charges and local taxes
- Entry visa
- Flight tickets
- Extra food or beverage / pocket money
- Tipping Gratitude
- Christmas & New Year Gala Eve gala dinner / supplements
- Any other item / service which is not listed above
Day 1 (Istanbul - Gallipoli)
Day 1: Istanbul – Gallipoli Battlefields Tour06.00 – 06.30 Pick up from hostel or hotel from the Taksim area
06.30 – 07.00 Pick up from hostel or hotel from the Sultanahmet area
12.20 Arrive in Eceabat
12.30 Arrive in Eceabat. Break for lunch
13.00 Start your Fully Guided Gallipoli Tour including the following sights:
Brighton Beach, Beach Cemetery (John Simpson’s Grave), ANZAC Cove, Ari Burnu (First ANZAC landing place), Lone Pine Cemetery (Australian memorial), Johnston’s Jolly (walk in the ANZAC trenches), View of Shrapnel Valley, Turkish Memorial, The Nek and Walker´s Ridge & Chunuk Bair (main New Zealand memorial).
Day 2 (Troy - Istanbul)
Day 2: Troy – IstanbulAfter breakfast at the hotel around 08:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your half day tour of Troy.
On the second day you will travel to Troy and will visit the following: The Trojan Horse, Sacrificial Altars, The 3700 year old city walls, Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C., The Bouleuterion (Senate Building), The Odeon (Concert Hall), Current excavations in progress & Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy.
The tour will be maximum of 2 hours. Around 11:45 am we will drop you off to Canakkale city center for free time. The tour guide will let you know the exact meeting time and departure place to meet in Eceabat for drive back to Istanbul. Depart for Istanbul at approximately 6:00 pm.