Highlights of this itinerary
Day 1: Istanbul - Gateway to the Exotic East
Day 2: ANZAC Eve at Gallipoli
Day 3: ANZAC Day - Gallipoli 2016
Day 4: Istanbul Old City Tour
Day 5: Istanbul - Final departure
- 3 breakfasts PLUS our ANZAC afternoon Turkish BBQ
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 from Ataturk International Airport at any time of day or from Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 2.30pm and 8pm.
- Morning cruise along the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide
- All relevant transfers and transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 3 nights Special Class (3 -4 star) hotels
- Guided sightseeing of Istanbul including the Blue Mosque, Underground Cistern, Hippodrome and Hagia Sofia.
- Visits to the Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Spice Market
- Guided sightseeing of Gallipoli, war cemeteries and battlefields (subject to site opening times set by the Anzac Day Organizing Committee).
- Commemorative ANZAC hoodie/ jumper
- Entry visa
- Flight tickets
- Pocket money/ extra meals / optional tours / any other item which is not listed above.
Day 1 (Istanbul)
Welcome to Turkey and the beginning of your breathtaking ANZAC unique experience! Transfer to your chosen hotel. Rest of the day free in Istanbul Europe and Asia!
Overnight: Hotel at Istanbul
Day 2 (Anzac Eve at Gallipoli)
Today it's an early morning departure to the 1st world war battlefields on the Gallipoli Peninsula. This afternoon, enjoy a guided tour (subject to ANZAC Cove opening hours and traffic conditions) of the evocative war memorials that dot the region, for example; Lone Pine, Chunuk Bair, Johnston’s Jolly and the trenches. Early this evening, we’ll relax at our exclusive ANZAC Eve Turkish BBQ before later taking our places amongst the many at the Dawn Service site for the atmosphere charged ANZAC Eve vigil.
Day 3 (Anzac Day - Gallipoli)
Here is the chance to autonomously explore many of the trenches and memorial sites as you head up to Lone Pine or Chunuk Bair for the Australian or New Zealand National services. Later this afternoon, we return to Istanbul, where upon our late evening arrival, we check into our hotel for a well-earned rest after such an emotion-filled day
Day 4 (Istanbul City Tour)
Morning trip, a couple of hours cruising the Bosphorus before embarking on a guided sightseeing tour of the old city, taking in the stunning Iznik tiled Blue Mosque, Hippodrome area, the 6th century Hagia Sofia, the ancient Underground Cistern and more. This afternoon time is given for you to explore the mammoth Grand Bazaar and exotic Egyptian Spice Market, the latter is located opposite the ferry terminal. Afterwards, you can opt to stay and discover the old city by night or return to the hotel.
Day 5 (Final Departure)
Istanbul - Final Departure
27th April 2016. Our tour concludes after breakfast and hotel check out at 12 noon. This morning or later today after hotel check out, consider venturing over to the colossal Grand Bazaar for some of those last minute souvenir purchases.
Meals : Breakfast