Kibbutz Lavi preserves the age old tradition of hospitality. From medieval times to 1948 the area was referred to as Lubia. The Jerusalem Talmud mentions the Lavi Inn. East of the remains one can see the Lubia Khan which was apparently built in the Mamalucean Period. It was probably built near the previous inn which was adjacent to the Roman road leading from Acre - Tiberias - Gedera and whose remains have been uncovered. Lavi Kibbutz Hotel serves both local and foreign visitors thereby reviving Pundaka De Lavi. Hotel is an integral part of the religious Kibbutz Lavi.
Kibbutz Lavi was founded in 1949 by members of British Bnei Akiva. It is situated in the area allocated to the tribe of Naphtali in the Eastern Galilee on slopes which lead to the Sea of Galilee Lake Kinneret. It is 313 meters above sea level and is a ten minute drive from the neighboring city of Tiberias.